http://platelayer.com/Blog/ViewArchive.aspx?month=8&year=2010&pageid=1&mid=7

PlateLayer by Svein-Martin Holt

 

Posts From August, 2010

Demolition Day, The End of a Layout

Tonight I have done some destruction. It has been Demolition Day for my old Section Layout. I has been clear for some time that I never would finish this layout, so after some inspirational work on the design of the plans for a new permanent layout, I got inspiration to remove the old layout. It is in 3 sections, I will save 2 of them, including the old Bjørkli Viaduct. But the middle section is now history.

I save only a small part having a few Wright turnouts, that I will use on the new permanent layout.

 

The foundation are in place and landscaping in progress

Now all the foundations for the trestle are in place and the work to blend this into the landscape have started. Parts of the landscaping are in good progress. One of the next step will be to glue on some molded rockpieces and also finish the surface of the landscape. The riverbed can also be done soon. The AZL GS4 and the reefers are in action on the trestle.

 

 

The sidebraces are in place

Tonight the sidebraces are installed. Soon the foundation must be done.

Testing with a Märklin F7 A-B-A and some cars.

 

All braces installed, 1/4 of the side braces installed

All the braces have been installed last night. Tonight I have installed 1/4 of the braces on the sides.

 

Test in module and more braces

Tonight the trestle was tested in the module and some more braces was installed.

I need to create a good foundation, but the size is OK for the trestle.

 

Some braces installed

The trestle has been setup on a sort of foundation, so the braces can be installed. A few of them are in place on the model. And some equipment are testing the trestle.

 

All bents mounted on trackbed, upside down

Tonight all the 30(not 29 as earlier sayd) bents have been glued to the underside of the trackbed. I did the job upside down, the trackbed was put on the table over a 1:1 drawing of the bridge. Here I had indicated he positions for all bents and also the height of each bent. Also the deck brigde is installed.

The next step will be to turn the whole bridge around and start to mount the vertical braces. I guess I also need to look at the fundation for the whole trestle. Today is thursday, so the next work will be done after the weekend, in the next week, after some travelling.

 

Upper level ready and the first test of the trestle bents

Tonight the upper level have been installed and the corc for the roadbed is finished. Now the track can be installed on the inner track.

The trestle deck was tested tonight, with some bents and the deck bridge temporary in place. This could be nice when finished. Smile

 

Lower level finished, track installed, first run

The lower level of the module is now finished and all the track have been installed.

The first ever run on this new module was done tonight. Not a complete round because the tracks in the yard are not connected to power yet, but the front part has been tested.

All visible parts have got MTL track, hidden part have got some Märklin track and some Peco flextrack. I could have used MTL all over, but I have plenty of the other track and try to use Märklin and Peco in hidden areas.

  

Check out video: